Wealth Management Compliance - Compliance - Associate
Position Overview Responsibilities:
- Provide compliance advice with regard to applicable rules and regulations of wealth management ("WM") business, and internal compliance policies and procedures from Hong Kong perspective, or as it impacts the Hong Kong business;
- Review and assess new and updated circulars and other regulatory developments that impact WM and ensure regulatory adherence or implementation are completed;
- Coordinate and provide appropriate guidance for regular or ad-hoc surveys, questionnaire and information requests required for regulators relevant for the WM business; and ensure timely submission;
- Ensure full cooperation with regulators; work with Legal and other Compliance colleagues to prepare materials for submission in responding to SFC, HKMA and other regulatory enquiries;
- Escalate timely issues and provide regular Management Information to Senior Management of Compliance;
- Assess outsourcing requests that impact WM, together with central compliance team
- Investigate and resolve referrals from compliance surveillance team for WM cases;
- Review and provide Compliance approval for marketing materials and marketing events for the WM business;
- Provide Compliance support on sales related complaints;
- Provide Compliance advice/requirements to the business for new projects;
- Provide induction training to new joiners in WM and other ad-hoc training in relation to compliance matters or relevant procedures that impact WM;
- Advise business to establish adequate level 1 controls and set up effective level 2 compliance monitoring program including cross-border activity, suitability and other areas, as required;
- Lead or assist in any Compliance projects as necessary;
- Develop relationships with relevant Infrastructure functions that support the WM business and maintain the partnership between business line Compliance and other Compliance, and Anti-Financial crime functions;
- Support/Assist senior management of Wealth Management Compliance within the Emerging markets region as and when needed.
- University graduated with a minimum of 3 years Compliance, monitoring or auditing experience within a financial institution, regulator and/or similar environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build good working relationships with different business and operations departments.
- A strong sense of accountability and be ready to take up challenging responsibilities, and at the same time a good team player.
- Attention to detail, efficient and strong organisational skills.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.