Wealth Management - Head, Business Integrity - Director
Position Overview Details of Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest wealth managers worldwide. We offer our clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management. As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations, we create lasting value for clients. We specialize in developing bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS.
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.
You can expect:
Supplemental Savings Plan on top of mandatory social security
Full range of commercial insurance coverage, including delegated private hospital
Online family doctor consultation for both employee and family members
Employee Assistance Program for both employee and family members
More than 18 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday and flexible working arrangements Your key responsibilities
Your skills and experience
- Be the main driver in enforcing supervisory oversight on compliance of frontline staff under risk/control policies such as selling process, KYC/AML due diligence, training and competence, client risk management, trading and settlement etc. as well as facilitating communication with frontline staff on implementation strategies of all operational/risk management projects.
- Work closely with location COO on building sales strategies, talent management directives, account review mechanism, operational frameworks, approval structure and other general management initiatives for the team.
- Assist the Regional Head of Business Integrity in the implementation of regional risk/control measures, booking center management and monitoring, change management on processes/systems, as well as regular review and clean-up of all BAU operational deficiencies.
- Lead and manage 3 sub-teams under the Business Integrity stream including i) Client Experience/Engagement Management ii) Policies and Procedures Management and iii) Risk Management in order to facilitate the fore-mentioned duties.
- Build synergies with Regional Head of Business Integrity, Location COO, Sub-Market Head and all Sales Heads in facilitating checks and balances on all sales initiatives, new account acquisitions, risk management directives, new regulatory requirements and process re-engineering for frontline teams.
- Endorse all new client adoptions by making decisions based on their business potential, risk level, account complexity and investment mandate.
- Work closely with Compliance, Anti-Financial Crime ("AFC") and Operational Risk Management ("ORM") team on day-to-day control issues such as medium/high risk accounts and transactions review, suitability reviews on portfolios, operational losses, client complaints and all other issues related to HKMA/SFC regulations.
- Manage the training framework for both new hires and existing staff under frontline roles and ensure standardization across the board for all front-to-bank operational processes implementation such as order inputs, remittance handling, voice log accuracy, pre-trade and post-trade approvals etc.
How we'll support you
- University graduate.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in similar control functions (i.e. Compliance, Operational Risk, COO Office or Business Management) under Private Banking/Wealth Management industry.
- Fluent in English and preferably also in Cantonese/Mandarin.
- Strong communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Preferably with previous leadership experience in managing at least a small team.
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.