We are currently seeking to add to our wealth consulting team. This role will be based in Hong Kong, with direct client communication and management exposure from day one. Possessing project and client management responsibilities, you will work directly with clients to resolve their needs.
We will count on you to:
- Have project management and client management responsibilities appropriate for this role. This will cover traditional as well as special situations, for one-off projects as well as nurturing ongoing relationships. Handle client queries and support senior colleagues on delivery.
- Prepare client reports and advice with support from senior colleagues, including conducting investment performance analytics, manager reviews and manager selection work, asset-liability modelling and strategic asset allocation exercises. The type of advice you can deliver would be subject to HK SFC regulatory requirements.
- Guide junior colleagues in carrying out different research and analytics, as part of forming Mercer’s local views on issues that our clients will be interested in. Check work done and ensure accuracy of facts and figures, and uphold quality standards.
- Acquire knowledge on capital markets, asset classes, investment products and investment operations, which you will use to develop your point of view and formulate solutions for clients.
- Be a lead consultant on smaller and simpler clients, and develop relationship with them at a working level.
To be successful in this role, there are some basic expectations but we wish to emphasize that Mercer takes an approach of trusting individuals to shape the role based on maximum contribution to the overall team and pushing boundaries for personal development.
What you need to have:
- Good academic track record, preferably in subjects such as Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/ Management/ Behavioural), Actuarial Sciences or Engineering.
- Strong analytical and technical skills. Comfortable with conducting comparative analysis, managing large amounts of data in an efficient manner. Ability to articulate complex and technical information in layman and concise ways through written and verbal communication.
- Outstanding project management skill, in planning ahead the different milestones to achieve and execute in a timely manner with strong commitment on quality.
- Self-initiative and curiosity in financial services, self-motivated to seek out knowledge, test ideas and ways to contribute to the team. Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with team members.
- Strong personal management in order to plan ahead for foreseeable tasks and understand own capacity for unforeseeable tasks.
- Strong language capabilities in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
What makes you a stand-out:
- Strong domain expertise in wealth/ investments as it pertains to Hong Kong.
- Completed or close to completing professional exams in either actuarial or CFA qualifications or similar qualifications relating to investment/ asset management.
- A team player with a collaborative approach.
- Strong communication skills.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh provides data driven risk advisory services and insurance solutions to commercial and consumer clients. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.