Vice President | APAC COO - Strategic Initiatives | Hong Kong
Description About this role Job Purpose/Background:
Join us and play a critical role in shaping the future of our APAC business. Our COO team works closely with senior leaders to define our business, operations and talent strategy. We focus on sharpening execution, accountability and data-driven decision making. You will establish objectives, focus areas, action plans and build the bridge between current and future state. You will frame and analyze complex problems, develop recommendations and partner across the firm to drive implementation. This position will give you immense exposure and will afford the chance to learn about our APAC business. Key responsibilities include:
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Work across the leadership team with dedicated focus on highly strategic teams / areas as appropriate
- Manage strategic programs of work for accelerating our APAC growth agenda
- Facilitate strategic planning across APAC, working closely with the APAC leadership team
- Drive management reporting and tracking across strategic projects
- Provide guidance and partnership for communicating large scale APAC initiatives
- Elevate critical APAC governance forums to drive efficient decision-making, information sharing and broad organizational engagement
- Influence our operating model and culture, including crafting KPIs and holding the organization accountable
- Partner closely with other critical APAC functions to drive desired outcomes
- Act as a key partner with HR, Finance and senior APAC leadership to facilitate organizational enhancements to drive success across the business
- Assist in the preparation and execution of APAC Quarterly Business Reviews, Operating Reviews, Annual Planning, etc.
- 5+ years of professional experience in asset management, with strong preference for supporting executive level initiatives in an APAC business
- Proven experience influencing senior stake holders to execute new business strategy projects and initiatives through different phases
- Ability to partner with senior management and business heads to identify opportunities and shape objectives
- Experience using analytics and a data-driven approaches to create solutions and planning
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex concepts and information into clear, concise action plans
- Strong collaborator, ability to work cross-functionally
- Operates naturally with deep empathy whilst being assertive and effective in relationships
- Ability to exercise sound judgment independently
- Mature outlook with the ability to handle sensitive information in a discrete manner
- Strong networker and relationship builder with experience of collaborating and encouraging a diverse workforce
- High levels of self-motivation, energy and initiative with a commitment to excellence
- Highly innovative with a commercial outlook - always looking for ways to improve and enhance delivery, exuding an entrepreneurial "can-do" attitude
- Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal, to broad and diverse audiences
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.