Vice President, Wealth Management Operations - Structured Products
Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- To support Consumer Banking and Wealth Management Business of the Bank and oversee investment product processing, settlement, payment servicing, securities administration and relevant support functions/reporting under Wealth Management Operations
- Manage structured products and derivatives trade processing, settlement and life cycle management processing team to ensure trades and relevant processing/reporting for investment products are properly processed within pre-defined cutoff time and timely escalation for irregular cases detected, if any
- Handling of regulatory reports such as GSIB, HKMA annual return, Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS), FATCA and CRS
- Lead and implement various business initiatives and projects in term of system and processing procedure by considering operation flows, markets, upcoming regulations, controls' requirements
- Support in regional processing and related service level agreement discussion including shaping the entire operating model to be effective and efficient
- Liaise with business partners on the user requirements. Participate and monitoring the UAT status to ensure achieving project timeline.
- Has strong analytic views to review each operation flow and incident with detailed root cause analysis, including a logical mindset to improve the end-to-end process
- People management and development for the team to optimize operations efficiency and resources planning
- Liaise with Business, Trading units, Custodians and other counterparties to ensure all daily operation issues such as trade discrepancies and settlement issues are resolved promptly
- Timely update of operational risk related metrics and project driven tasks; perform reconciliation of trade booking, clearing, securities / GL reconciliation
- To review and update SOPs regularly in order to ensure compliance with internal and external guidelines/regulations.
- At least 10 years hands-on experience in structured investment product settlement/support where at least 8 years in managerial role.
- Solid experience in performing trade capturing, settlement, life cycle events and mark-to-market including ensure completeness of processing with strong governance and controls mindset
- Knowledge in both local and overseas structured and derivatives products in Equity, Interest rate and Currency linked notes or deposit, listed and OTC options and complex products such as accumulators and decumulators
- Knowledge and usage in SAA, Euroclear/Clearstream system and Bloomberg terminal. Experience in Avaloq will be an advantage
- Familiar with regulatory reporting such as GSIB, HKMA, DPS, FATCA/CRS, etc.
- Strong awareness on operation risks and controls mindset with strong market operation knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skill with great team spirits to work with various key stakeholders
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.