PineBridge Investments is seeking a VP - Senior Risk Manager to join either in our Hong Kong office or Singapore office. This role covers Risk Management (investment risk, corporate and operational risk) for the Asia region with a strong focus on investment risk and would suit an experienced risk professional to join the risk team at PineBridge.
PineBridge Investments is a private, global asset manager focused on active, high-conviction investing. We draw on the collective power of our experts in each discipline, market, and region of the world through an open culture of collaboration designed to identify the best ideas. Our mission is to exceed clients’ expectations on every level, every day. As of 31 March 2021, the firm managed US$133 billion across global asset classes for sophisticated investors around the world.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review, enhance and maintain the risk management framework (investment, corporate and operational risk), policies and procedures across the Asia region. Including risk appetite statement and the risk register.
- Ensure that the various elements of the risk management framework are embedded in the organization and operating effectively across the region.
- Responsible for ensuring that the investment risk, corporate and operational risk are aligned with the regulatory curve for the region.
- Independently identify, assess, measure, monitor, mitigate and report on investment risk (market, credit, liquidity and counterparty risk) and operational risk as it relates to the funds and where issues arise bring to the attention of portfolio managers, first line risk managers and risk committees.
- Provide ongoing (daily / monthly / quarterly) risk monitoring and reporting on the full suite of funds for the Asia region.
- Prepare periodic reporting to global, regional and local risk committees on investment risk, corporate and operational risk.
- Ensure the requirements of the region are met, by leading the ongoing improvement of analysis and reporting and tools used across the risk function.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, Chief Risk Officer, PineBridge Asia Executive team and regional risk and compliance teams.
- Keep abreast of external regulatory bodies and assess any potential impact for the region.
- Ongoing monitoring and oversight of delegated functions and outsourced service providers.
- Proactively investigate risk events including deep dives to identify issues arising.
- Incident and breach reporting with escalation procedures in place to the Group and other relevant Stakeholders and Committees.
- 7 – 10 years relevant experience with demonstrable increasing responsibility in risk management at an investment management firm and previous experience in a regulated role is required.
- Detailed knowledge of risk management frameworks, risk appetite of investment funds and the investment management business.
- Detailed knowledge of investment risk, a prerequisite with experience of corporate risk and operational risk highly desirable.
- A self-starter, with the ability to take responsibility and to review and enhance the risk strategy for the region and work independently with autonomy.
- Ability to work in a global business and build strong relationships across different locations.
- Strong knowledge of financial products: Equities, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Private Markets, and Derivatives.
- Comfortable presenting and interacting with Boards, senior management and regulators across multiple jurisdictions.
- Strong experience and competency with regulations, particularly as they relate to Securities and Futures Commission (SFC), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Financial Supervisory Commission.
- Strong quantitative skills and thorough understanding of various risk measures such as VaR, TE and stress testing.
- Excellent understanding of data and systems and related experience working with various risk systems (BlackRock Aladdin, FactSet and Bloomberg etc.) and programming skills such as VBA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, financial engineering or a similar quantitative discipline.
- Master’s degree, FRM, CFA or an equivalent professional qualification is highly desirable.
PineBridge is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversifying its workforce, providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons and maintaining an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination for its employees. PineBridge is dedicated to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting into all job levels on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs, and without regard to considerations that are unlawful in the places we operate. At PineBridge, we strive to create an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and develops the best global talent, leveraging the unique backgrounds, talents, and perspectives that all our people bring to work.
We offer attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please send a detailed resume in confidence, stating qualifications, expected salary and contact phone number to email@example.com
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence, used solely for recruitment purpose and will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.