Vice President, Portfolio Management/Quantitative Investment Researcher
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a leader in the development of model portfolios and solutions, managing over $35 billion in assets across these types of strategies globally. The Model Portfolio Solutions (MPS) team, as part of the Multi-Asset Strategies (MAS) business, brings together the research and investment expertise of teams across the firm through a systematic, quantitative approach in order to deliver a comprehensive range of outcome-oriented solutions. The competitive advantages of MPS lie in the depth and breadth of our product offerings, leveraging the best of BlackRock’s active and passive investment platform, our unique capabilities in data, technology, and analytics, and our innovative approach to research and systematic investing. The responsibilities of the team span research and portfolio management, product and investment strategy, business development, and thought leadership.
BlackRock is seeking an experienced quantitative investment researcher to help build out its model business in the Asia-Pacific region. The role requires strong analytical and quantitative skills and experience, evidenced by an advanced degree (PhD preferred) and significant experience in investments or financial markets, with the ideal candidate having experience with multi-asset investing. In addition, the candidate should possess the ability to collaborate effectively with a global team of researchers and portfolio managers, both within the MPS team and across the wider BlackRock community, and should possess strong communication skills. The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering solid investment performance and communicating these results to clients. The role will be based in Hong Kong.
- Develop quantitative alpha signals to drive portfolio allocations in MPS models and portfolios.
- Closely partner with multiple teams across the organization (trading research, capital markets research, etc.) in the execution of joint research work.
- Develop and manage new model investment strategies in response to client trends and demand, leveraging MPS’ alpha signal library and the breadth of BlackRock’s proprietary risk & investment platform.
- Work with the MPS team and with sales teams to construct portfolios tailored to regional client requirements.
- Build good working relationships with the teams supporting the investment data and portfolio construction processes.
- Work with sales team and product strategists to provide support to MPS clients, including regular meetings and video conferences with clients.
- At least 7 years of demonstrable experience in portfolio management or investment research within a financial firm, or experience in an economics-focused group such as an economics think tank, governmental agency, or sell-side team.
- Excellent quantitative and empirical research skills, as evidenced by an advanced degree in econometrics, statistics or other quantitative discipline. PhD preferred.
- Experience with constrained mean-variance optimization for portfolio construction.
- Strong programming skills (Matlab, Python, SQL) and a deep understanding of the analysis and reduction of large data sets.
- Detailed understanding of data availability in the investment management industry and experience in managing and accessing such data to support research efforts.
- Strong interest in and understanding of financial markets, including drivers of return and sources of risk.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. The successful candidate must have the confidence and credibility to persuasively interact with colleagues, management, and clients.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.