Vice President, Operations
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Niatross Investments Limited
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
A growing asset management company based in Hong Kong (SFC Type 9 licensed) is looking for a dynamic individual to join their growing team in Operations and Accounting.
Role & Responsibilities
- Daily pre-trade order validation and utilization of Order Management System for pre-trade clearance
- Trade entry and trade booking into Order Management System for trade file processing, and trade allocations
- Coordinating extensively with Portfolio Management team, counterparties, fund administrator, and order management system vendor to resolve all trade and settlement related breaks
- Getting trade recaps and trade confirmations from brokers
- Reviewing position and P&L reconciliations and confirmation of flash P&L; responding to Operations on P&L/position breaks daily
- Ensuring that corporate actions are properly elected, and those elections are properly executed and booked on a daily basis
- Serving as a point of contact for, and providing oversight of, our administrator and prime brokers on day-to-day trading assistant and operational matters
- Review of Net Asset Value calculation and investor reportings.
- Monitor cash activity of the funds including cash transfer for investment needs, receipt of subscription proceeds, payment of redemptions and fund’s operating expenses
- Assist in fund’s and firm’s annual audit queries and review annual financial statements for the funds
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role with hedge funds or other asset managers, CPA an advantage.
- Ability to take initiative, to assume responsibility and to work independently.
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate with persons of any professional level
- Extremely detail oriented, with strong follow-up and willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fluency in English.
- BA or BS or equivalent.