Vice President, Facilities Management, Corp Real Est Strategy & Admin
In CRESA, we believe amazing workplaces are those that empowers employees with choice, collaboration and a sense of community and culture. As custodians of real estate for DBS, we must ensure that the spaces we build and maintain are amazing not just for its experiences, but one that is efficient, sustainable and made for a 'Better World'.
Simply put, amazing spaces with amazing employee experiences enables DBS to build better worlds for our customers. We do this by hiring and grooming experts that believe that high standards of workspaces, offices and retail branches are upheld when optimising Real Estate as a value tool that ultimately delivers better employee performance.
When we are experts, we build spaces that are safe, special and more sustainable. CRESA will co-create spaces with our employees in mind, so that we can deliver great work, in great spaces that puts our employees first.
We know, our ultimate beneficiary is the employee, and whatever we can do to create spaces that may not just be award winning, but frictionless; driven through employee experiences aided physically, digitally and based on insights and data. We understand that maintaining our spaces by delivering ultimate value to our shareholders and employees will require understanding the balance between maintaining a clear efficiency of operations for leases, projects and contracts that is optimised, and yet deliver a wow experience through improvements, change and being employee focused that is ultimately sustainable. Responsibilities
- Maintain and formulate M&E Standards / Guideline / SOPs. Implement these to ensure best practices / guidelines in-place for good M&E asset management.
- Monitor M&E Asset to ensure timely and sustainable Life Cycle Replacement (LCR).
- Work with counterparts regionally to ensure proper LCR work plans and budgets.
- Liaise with Project Managers to ensure M&E standards / guidelines / SOPs are complied with.
- Liaise with the Bank's Technology Services team to oversight Critical facilities incidences where necessary.
- Work with procurement team to ensure proper on boarding of contracts to perform project works.
- Work with internal key stakeholder to ensure customer satisfaction from Corporate Real Estate perspective.
- Manage Opex and Project Capital expense.
- Assist line manager & align and comply with regional M&E standards/ guidelines / SOPs.
Purpose of the Role
- Must possess at a minimum a Bachelor's degree in the relevant field
- 10 years and above proven experience in M&E consultancy management
- Worked experience as a consultant with relevant M&E exposure.
- A team player with strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Superior customer service / relationship management skills
- Be able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Reliable, practical, self-motivated individual who is willing to learn
- Experience in managing a team of Facilities Site Managers will be a plus *
- Fluency in English and other Asian language(s) a plus
To complete a range of real estate facilities related responsibilities undertaken by the Asset Management Team. This includes, but is not restricted to design, project management, co-ordination of facilities' life cycle replacement works, minor and major refurbishment projects.
We need people who are open to changing and challenging environments, are strong team players and are willing to support a program of continuous improvement for a sustainable built environment.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of exposure in mechanical and electrical design and project management or similar projects environment with a consultancy company or for a contractor, have the ability to coordinate and make sound technical decision in designs in accordance with M&E standards regulations and electrical/mechanical safety regulations. It is preferred that the candidate has experience working with consultants and contractors.
This position requires interaction with facilities management vendors, consultants, internal Bank staff at all level and coordinating / ensuring organizational processes and procedures are followed. The person shall have a solid understanding of and experience working with mechanical and electrical systems, as well as overseeing the security, maintenance and services of building facilities to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation. You will work collaboratively as a part of a small team with the following responsibilities but not limited to: Other Responsibilities & Business support -
A CRESA FM head that believes in what we do in CRESA and is driven to excel and be challenged in driving the greater value of real estate that builds employee experience. You will also manage a team of dedicated professionals to do their best for CRESA but maintain risks, operational workplace health and safety and ultimately create spaces that are safe and sustainable with a specific focus on energy efficiency and meeting a lower sustainable footprint for DBS.
Set and formulate M&E Standards and ensure these standards are adopted and practiced regionally across the Group. Ensure we meet the needs and demands of our growing and continually changing workforce and real estate strategy.
Provide support on technical and analytical expertise around mechanical and electrical discipline or knowledge area. Contributing to the successful completion of specific consulting engagements by report proof-reading and ascertain proposed report and recommendation.
You will establish and maintain excellent business relationships and partner within your expertise area.
You will oversight DBS' RE Assets and ensure life cycle replacement work are planned and budgeted for works execution. You will work closely with counterparts across the regions and consultants to ensure the Group's standards are maintained. Where necessary, you will be required to travel to oversight such regional projects. You will assist the Project Manager and design team to ensure both small and large scale projects that impact the Group's Asset Management Standards are executed in line with the functional requirements. These should include existing asset / premises besides large-scale enhancement projects, new built and new fit-out. Workplace Safety & Health compliance -
You will understand the basic requirements for local building regulations and health & safety that impact your area like M&E regulations and practices to ensure all legal and compliance requirements. You are expected to understand the Bank's policy and provide a safe and sustainable built environment that addresses the needs of our employees. Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.