Vice President, Derivatives Trading Development and Project Management
The successful incumbent will work in the Derivatives Trading Department supporting the various HKEx market initiatives in the derivatives market.
- Drive infrastructure and connectivity development and enhancement initiatives which aim for revenue generation and/or improvement of market quality, liquidity and protect orderliness of derivatives market.
- Formulate plans supported by qualitative and quantitative arguments in response to evolving market landscape, development of global markets and regulatory trends and the need of market participants.
- Manage lobbying with and feedback collection from internal and external stakeholders, including other business departments, IT, Exchange Participants, market makers, industry bodies and regulators.
- Manage implementation process of derivatives market related initiatives, including HKFE and/or SEHK Rule amendments, market consultations, etc.
- Responsible for project planning and execution, includes budgeting, defining roles and responsibilities, holding accountability across divisions, process and deliverable timeline management, reportings and obtain appropriate level of approvals.
- Support derivatives system enhancement and development, including consolidating user requirements, preparation of testing plan and cases, and maintenance of rollout schedule.
- University degree, preferably in Finance / Economics / Business Administration or related disciplines.
- At least 8 years' experience, of which at least 4 years at management / supervisory level, in securities / derivatives business units of reputable financial institutions with exposure to Hong Kong market.
- Deep understanding of derivatives market microstructure design, regulatory framework, governing rules and regulations of Hong Kong, with international market knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of operating model of various types of derivatives market participants, with knowledge of issues and limitations faced.
- Solid foundation in major HKEX products across asset classes, HKEX value chain from trading, post-trade to risk management.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, presentation, report writing and project management skills.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and effective relationship management skills.
- Proactive and meticulous
- Existing relationship with major derivatives trading participants/houses a bonus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese, with proficiency in Putonghua an advantage
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.