Vice President, Derivatives Project Management
The successful incumbent will work on the business side of Derivatives Trading under Markets Division, supporting various HKEX initiatives in the derivatives market design, particularly in business platform development and relevant projects.
- Drive market infrastructure and enhancement initiatives which aim for revenue generation and/or improvement of market quality, liquidity and protect orderliness of derivatives market.
- Formulate plans supported by qualitative and quantitative arguments in response to evolving market landscape, development of global markets and regulatory trends and the need of market participants.
- Manage lobbying with and feedback collection from internal and external stakeholders, including other business departments, IT, Exchange Participants, market makers, industry bodies and regulators.
- Manage implementation process of derivatives market related initiatives, including HKFE and/or SEHK Rule amendments, market consultations, etc.
- Responsible for project planning and execution, includes budgeting, defining roles and responsibilities, holding accountability across divisions, process and deliverable timeline management, reportings and obtain appropriate level of approvals.
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
- At least 10 years' experience, of which at least 4 years at management / supervisory level, in securities / derivatives business units of reputable financial institutions with exposure to Hong Kong market.
- Strong presentation, proposal writing, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and effective relationship management skills.
- Deep understanding of derivatives market practices, regulatory framework, governing rules and regulations of Hong Kong, with international market knowledge a plus.
- Proactive and meticulous.
- Existing relationship with major derivatives trading participants/houses a bonus.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese, with proficiency in Putonghua an advantage.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.