About this role The Team: BlackRock’s Global Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large
About this role
BlackRock’s Global Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives for the firm. The team is also responsible for sourcing, assessing and executing acquisitions, investments, divestitures and partnerships / alliances based on BlackRock's strategic priorities.
BlackRock APAC Corporate Strategy is looking for a Vice President to join the Hong Kong-based team. This person will be responsible for collaborating with APAC regional executives and business units to develop sustainable plans for long-term growth.
- Lead and manage large-scale, cross-functional projects in support of developing APAC regional and country-specific growth strategies
- Work with senior management and business unit leaders to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals including (but not limited to); market entry strategies, business prioritization, and assessing strategic investments
- Communicate strategic priorities and execution plans across the firm via presentations, meetings, written communications, etc.
- Unparalleled exposure to senior leadership of BlackRock at the regional and global level
- Potential development to broader leadership role within Corporate Strategy and Development
- Strong track record of people migrating from Corporate Strategy and Development into elevated roles within a business
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 5 – 8 years relevant work experience; financial services, consulting or strategy background preferred; knowledge of APAC asset management landscape preferred
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, with experience leading large, high impact, cross-functional assignments
- Excellent problem-solving skills, both conceptual and analytical; strong communication skills and extremely high attention to detail
- Track record of identifying opportunities, building strategies, and driving change through creativity, relationship building and focused execution
- Self-reliant, ambitious and proactive; able to show initiative and come up with ideas without prompting and operate credibly with senior stakeholders across multiple markets
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple complex projects and activities, while working under pressure and with tight deadlines; strongly values being a team player
- Knowledge of and exposure to the full range of BlackRock’s activities preferred: retail distribution, institutional distribution, ETFs, wealth management, marketing, alternatives, technology, portfolio management and capital markets, and trading
- Regional language skills (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean) preferred but not required
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.