Vice President Business Development - Global Trade and Receivables Finance
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Vice President Business Development.
In this role, you will
- Establish new client relationships and strengthen existing ones
- Communicate new products and propositions to clients
- Identify potential opportunities in the local market and escalate these where appropriate to cater for client demand
- Manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, developing and maintaining strong working relationships
- Work with Client Implementation Services in a timely fashion to ensure an efficient transition process for complex clients
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge of global trade and receivables finance, services, products and techniques.
- Good understanding of the market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- Detailed knowledge if Credit and Risk including techniques to mitigate risk.
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services.
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AL9S
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited