- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President - Senior Analyst (China Corporates)
Location: Hong KongKey Responsibilities:
Moody's APAC Corporate Finance Group is responsible for rating all corporate investment grade and speculative grade issuers based in Asia Pacific.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies with public ratings
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis to rating committees to assign and maintain credit ratings
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in Rating Committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Researching, writing and presenting on credit opinions/topical research and interacting with investors and intermediaries.
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends to a high quality
- Manage regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conference participations and third party presentations
- Maintain high profile relationships with issuers, investors and intermediaries, with frequent interaction with investors and intermediaries, based upon industry and topical research written by the job holder.
Corporate Finance Group - Ratings & Research
- Substantial experience (10+ years) of credit analysis or related experience, including demonstrable financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques, gained from a recognised financial institution or audit firm.
- Strong knowledge of corporate and debt markets and have an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers, would be highly advantageous
- Extensive of complex transaction structures, with a good grasp of documentation, accounting and financial modelling.
- Proven market sector expertise
- Extensive of loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such.
- Substantial experience of financial credit analysis or related experience
- In-depth knowledge of corporate sector in the APAC markets
- Proven understanding of complex financial transaction/structures, with a sound grasp of legal documentation and accounting treatment
- Extensive understanding of Asia regulatory environment
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT competency skills including advance Excel and PowerPoint
- International work experience
- Sound judgement - capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the Moody's brand effectively at a senior level
- Proactive/"can do" approach to work
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to deal with a multitude of tasks and issuers
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Produces work to high standards
- Fluency in English and an Asian language essential
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.