Vice President - Markets & Securities Services Operational Risk Officer
The incumbent shall be principally responsible for execution of the risk and control function across Markets & Securities Services (MSS) Operations for Hong Kong. This individual is expected to help in proactively identifying key operating risk and control issues and ensure remedial actions as appropriate to mitigate or eliminate those risks and improve the overall control environment.
The role also requires a significant amount of co-ordination and oversight across key geographies and internal support groups and requires participation in various strategic projects and initiatives, providing proactive control recommendations as required.
- Act as point of contact for key business sponsors, Operations heads and other risk and control organisations, providing a holistic view of operational risk and regulatory activities from all sources (e.g. Operations, Regulatory, Business, Compliance and Internal Audit)
- Proactively manage key operational risks through close interaction with operations managers and support group functions, e.g. Compliance, Internal Audit, ORM, product control
- Advise on key operating risks, the appropriateness of controls, opportunities for improvement and best practices
- Oversee and challenge the MSS Ops Control Assessment (GRC) , ensuring proper and consistent coverage and evaluation of operating risks and controls
- Ensure oversight and reporting of corrective actions, including advising on development of appropriate and timely actions plans, monitoring of significant issues with management and validation of issue closure
- Work with businesses to ensure internal and external audit preparedness, the co-ordination of audit fieldwork, providing support throughout execution and closing
- Review key metrics, significant control events and deficiencies (eg operational losses/fraud)
- Analysis of ORE events and remedial actions
- General working knowledge of MSS Operations business processes.
- Proven track record in risk and control oversight (including significant experience in identifying risks, control issues, implementing corrective actions and best practices)
- Partner with operations colleagues to ensure risks and controls are working efficiently and Monitor their timely resolution
- Execute proactive reviews and risk mitigation plans on an agreed frequency for the process inventory, document discussions and follow through on agreed actions
- Partner with operations colleagues to define/document end-to-end risks, controls, and measurable metrics
- Partner with operations colleagues to ensure adequate analysis of past control incidents is performed including detailed lessons learned shared with all relevant stakeholders within APAC MSS
- Liaise with regional audit, risk and control teams, to monitor and report their findings, and timely remediation of gaps.
- Partner with control colleagues from other regions to foster consistency in Asia operations practices
- Champion and participate in process improvement initiatives
- 8- 10 years cross-function experience in operations, preferable MSS operations
- Business presentations to management, preferred
- Experience of managing projects involving multiple stakeholders across geographies
- Appreciation of policies in general
- Good inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Able to interpret/apply policies to banking processes
- Good communication skill (English) - able to write in clear/concise language
- Pro-active risk identification and solution orientation
- Ability and proven track record of challenging the status quo to proactively identify and remediate risk
- Graduation/Bachelor's Degree/Masters Degree
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous and an eye for detail
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .