The Markets Subject Matter Expert (SME) is responsible for driving the narrative to build the relevance of HKEX securities and derivatives business globally and deliver product insights to clients and prospects. This role is a key part of Sales & Marketing, from production to distribution of market commentary focused on developments of product trends, and insights based on metrics and analysis.
The position has a global focus, digitally servicing clients in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas, and sits right at the intersection between sales, product development, and external clients. The ideal candidate will not only have prior experience as a quantitative analyst or trading strategist, but must also be an outstanding writer and presenter, and able to both educate a range of client types and audience sizes. Content will be a mixture of regular scheduled content and market observations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the head of marketing, initiate and drive market focused global go-to-market programs to generate pipeline and drive revenue growth
- Provide holistic content offering to internal and external clients on HKEX products and services through generating regular scheduled content, up-to-date information and insights across all asset classes - cash equities, equity derivatives, commodity derivatives and fixed income and currency derivatives
- Responsible for building relevance of the expanding HKEX product and services line-up through data driven insights including but not limited to spread analysis, roll analysis, volatility induced behaviour, fair value discount to cost, tracking error and currency impact
- Develop and manage a HKEX data driven newsletter by creating and editing content, seeking content for distribution from internal producers, including product development, risk management and solution marketing
- The successful candidate will be relied upon to research, create and author original thought leadership that will be used to create pieces such as short articles, white papers, videos, audio casts, client calls, presentations and infographics
- Collaborate with solution marketing to develop competitive intelligence and battle briefs for effective targeting, messaging, and positioning, and ensure full internal and external alignment
- At least 10 years' of related working experience in financial services
- Strong understanding of financial markets; candidate should be well-versed in futures and options, as well as equity, fixed income and currencies is a plus.
- Ideally, this is a role for a futures and options specialist with an ability to analyse markets, understand risk models and possesses quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to generate and interpret data sets
- Research / Quant research background in an established international broker-dealer is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the proven ability to convey ideas with clarity and simplify complex topics
- Desire to collaborate and build consensus in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Extremely diligent but able to multi-task, with attention to detail
- Familiarity with statistical packages, Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
- Bachelor's / University degree in Finance, Economic, related field or equivalent experience Language: Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.