Vice President - Institutional Sellside Relationship Management and Business Development
Vice President of sell-side institutional relationship management and business development in SMD is a member of the department responsible for business development, sales and relationship management to sell-side client segments to grow HKEX business revenue, increase market share and execute HKEX corporate strategic plan.
The role is responsible in driving HKEX projects and business development initiatives. The position falls within the Institutional Business team in SMD in HK and the client coverage includes, but not limited to, HKEX participants, non-participants, banks and brokers.
- Special focus on Institutional sell-side banks/brokers to create and drive targeted, integrated and effective client engagement plans & revenue generating campaigns aligned with business goals and strategies of the department
- Incubate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with key personnel at sellside client firms, from C-suite senior management to the global and regional heads of divisions/departments/desks to working level personnel
- Understand market structure or customer business challenges and identify/drive towards solutions with internal buy-ins & approvals by working across relevant internal HKEX departments
- Work with internal business leads to consistently accomplish assigned projects in an efficient and cost effective manner within approved budget
- Be the subject matter expert for the assigned projects specifically in external client engagement
- Lead client engagement in on-boarding, connectivity or launch support and collaborate across other divisions
- Assist in reaching out and collecting feedback from clients on various surveys, questionnaires, and consultations (both official and soft) on behalf of other HKEX departments
- Assist in resolving day-to-day and longer-term issues by acting as coordinator between the relevant departments within HKEX and the client's counterpart for the issues at hand
Experience and Qualifications:
- 10 - 15+ years of industry front-office experience, with emphasis on derivatives market (Equities-focused). Some experience in Cash Equity market preferred
- Experience in dealing with clients at different seniority levels. No existing sellside relationships required but is a plus
- A trustworthy and respected self-starter with a sound track record of building and growing revenue / business is mandatory
- Abilities to publicly represent HKEX when engaging regulators, large industry conferences and industry associations
- Language: Written and speaking English fluency for business communication is required.
- Proficiency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.