VP, Technology Operational Risk
- $HK 1,000,000 - 1,400,000
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 16 Apr 19
My client is a leading global bulge bracket bank. This role is looking at the technology risk within corporate banking.
Duties & responsibilities
- Independently manage, monitor and challenge the accuracy and completeness of CCIB technology & operational risk profile, its corresponding control activities within CCIB the front to back processes, and remediation actions by the 1st line of defence.
- Review and assess the key control environment including, but not limited to the control design, control execution, and control testing. Review the root cause analysis for control lapses and design effectiveness of controls by the 1st line to manage all material risks with risk appetite.
- Ensure the quality of Root Cause Analysis of operational events. Ensure all operational events, control gaps and audit findings are escalated to Group in a timely manner
- Review and challenge the effectiveness of the Key Risk Indicators, Control testing plans and metrics.
- Review change and new product proposals, advise on their appropriateness with respect to the operational processes and controls, its supporting technological infrastructure and overall risk appetite.
- Recommend changes to operational processes to support profitable but controlled development of new business and products. Provide a balanced and informed assessment of all technology & operational risks arising from acquisitions or major change initiatives or projects within the Country.
- Understand local and regional markets, conduct lesson learnt review from internal and external incidents to identify emerging risks and recommend control improvements as necessary
- Conduct annual stress testing and scenario programme with guidance from Group specialists, for operational risk [as part of ICAAP], review the results and assess their implications.
- At least 10 years experience within IT operational risk focusing on 1st or 2nd line of defense
- IT related degree prefered
- Happy to consider candidates from either banking or insurance