Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group's risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company's internal controls. Responsibilities
- Provide independent audit assurance service to the Board and Executive Management through examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of DBS Group's system of internal controls, risk management procedures, governance processes and quality of performance.
- Plan, lead, manage and execute audits covering the Consumer Banking Group portfolios and channels in accordance with department and professional standards. Manage assignments efficiently and effectively including defining audit scope, risk matrices and testing strategy, and reviewing audit working papers and reports.
- Keep abreast of emerging issues in the relevant units under his/her audit portfolios. Perform ongoing risk and control assessment of the designated audit portfolios and take necessary actions to reflect/address material changes in the assessments.
- Actively advise and apprise Audit management of all major risk, control and regulatory issues that impact the control environment of the Bank.
- Participate in developing and managing the annual audit plan.
- Provide recommendations, where appropriate, to enable that major concerns and recommendations raised by auditors, and regulators are resolved satisfactorily.
- Provide audit team members with proper guidance and coaching supervision during audit engagements.
- Manage key relationships with middle and senior management for the audit portfolio.
- Assist the team manager to communicate and deliver timely, concise and insightful control issues to senior management and the Audit Committee and manage relationship with regulators and external auditors.
- Support digital agenda to build up the CBG audit platform for risk assessment, planning, control testing and reporting.
- Drive / execute audit automation and implementation of the project initiatives.
- Degree qualification, with more than 10 years' experience of relevant business or auditing background in financial institutions.
- Solid knowledge on the relevant products, channels, operations, systems and regulatory requirements for consumer banking.
- Prior experience in risk management and control functions, auditing and data analytics would be an advantage
- Ability to work effectively with multiple priorities and to determine the most appropriate solution based on organisational and stakeholder needs.
- Self-motivated, take initiatives and demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as collaborating with other members within the team.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with business executives.
- Be open-minded, agile and adaptable to changes.
- Solid reporting, presentation and communication skills in English. Cantonese and Putonghua would be an advantage.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as an Assistant Vice President.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.