The role is to perform mutual fund analysis and selection research, as well as assist and lead product development on Multi-Asset strategy for the investment team. Besides identifying the best managers, funds, and strategies to fulfill asset allocation mandates across platforms at various companies, this role will also work closely with investment and sales teams to oversee effective communication of strategies and insights internally and externally to professional investors.
Sitting within the Investment Team, the Product Specialist will be a key business development representative for the team’s Multi-Asset and Fund of Funds strategies.
Fund of Funds Research:
- Monitoring existing funds in which the group or our clients have invested, and tracking and maintaining portfolio information and other related data.
- Preparing written findings and presenting those findings in internal group meetings.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with external fund houses.
- Identifying and assisting in comprehensive due diligence on new funds, including evaluating stated strategies, investment process, risk controls, team capabilities, fund particulars (such as structure, domicile, fees, and other factors), and an array of quantitative measures.
- Assisting in portfolio construction, rebalancing, and monitoring through portfolio analysis, review, and research
Product Development and Specialist:
- Primary responsible for the business expansion of Multi-Asset strategies including conducting market trend analysis and competitive dynamics to understand business opportunities and lead product development strategy efforts.
- Create effective communication strategy and materials and actively participate in marketing, client meetings, and business development events to build positive professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform regular product updates, work, and support investment/sales teams and clients for portfolio reviews.
- Substantial industry experience (5 years+) in a relevant capacity.
- An undergraduate degree from a top-tier educational institution is required. A graduate degree or CFA designation, or progress towards the CFA designation, would be highly beneficial.
- Demonstrated sound qualitative judgments on managers. Ability to assess investment process, team, risk controls, and other fund particulars (such as liquidity, vehicle structure, fees, and domicile) combined with the capability to evaluate whether they are being executed properly.
- A flexible problem solver with a creative and solution-oriented mindset. Must be a team player with a desire to work in a collegial environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Mandarin language skills are a requirement