VP Product Control FICC
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 20 Mar 19
Our client is looking for a Product Controller to join their FICC team The APAC FICC team carries out the Business Finance and Control function in support of the regional LOB trading businesses primarily in Emerging Markets, Credit & Special Situations and Rates.
Our client is a leading investment bank with offices in over 40 countries, in APAC they are present in over 12 markets.
- P&L review, analysis, commentary, reporting and oversight
- New transaction review and substantiation as part of the due diligence process
- Front to back reconciliation and control
- Independent price verification
- Valuation adjustment and reserve calculations
- Management reporting (revenue and expense analysis)
- Ad hoc and value added business support
- Month-end book close
- Balance sheet control
- Financial disclosure reporting
- Management of scarce resources
Our vision is to be credible business advisors, flawless at the basics, and relentless focus on operational excellence and controls.
The business is constantly evolving and moving into new markets and products. Business Finance & Control plays a key role in enabling business activity in a robust control environment. You will be actively encouraged to develop close working relationships with the business and other key stakeholders i.e. Market Risk, Legal Entity Controllers, Accounting Policy, Operations, Audit, Tax, Treasury, Technology.
- Report daily balance sheet estimates, ensure accurate and timely reporting including analytical review on significant movements and balances
- Decomposition of balance sheet for the business, identifying opportunities to reduce adjusted assets
- Complete month-end balance sheet reporting by internal deadlines, explaining movements or variances between estimates and final results
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled, escalating variances.
- Ensure all reserve balances and valuation adjustments are reconciled and appropriately authorized
- Ensure validity of allocated/attributed balances as well as internal funding charge
- Leading role in driving team projects, including automation and process enhancement;
- Ensure all front to back breaks are understood, and escalated in accordance with standards
- Ensuring a minimum of manual, stand alone processes are maintained. Where tactically used, ensuring a strategic solution is being sought.
- Accurate analysis and recording of operational loss events;
New Product Development
- Involvement in completion of New Product Review documentation for new businesses / products proposed by your trading desk, and the implementation of systems and process changes / improvements that are required
- Must have Bachelor's degree
- Over 8 years' work experience with market related products
- Good working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Control focused, analytical, team oriented, attention to detail
- Self-driven with proven relationship management experiences
- Comfortable working in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong Excel skills with ability to build and use spreadsheets
Candidates with less experience will be considered as an AVP level
- Central Location
- Global Mobility
- APAC Scale