VP, In-Business Control, Citi Commercial Bank
The Compl Bus Control Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development, maintainance and implementation of enterprise wide standards and strategies to strengthen and enhance the Bank's Global AML Monitoring program.
- Provides guidance to AML officers and their business partners globally in all matters affecting the program and works closely with AML Operations and Technology to ensure the most effective use of tools and resources in the Monitoring process.
- Drives various global projects to advance the Monitoring Risk Management Program and is a key contributor to many other strategic AML initiatives.
- Manages framework for identifying and assessing AML regulations and the AML risks for each line of business to determine appropriate risk coverage.
- Identifies and analyzes AML risks, emerging risks, and regulations specific to transaction monitoring
- Establishes framework to assess the AML regulations and risks to identify typologies and required monitoring controls
- Leads Strategic Program Implementations for the Global Monitoring Risk Mangement & Policy team
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years AML experience in financial services with a demonstrated understanding of AML relevant business domains.
- experience in AML Transaction Monitoring and/or AML Risk Assessment and the development and compilation of policies and procedures
- management experience
- Balanced blend of analytical skills, problem solving, and reporting and communication skills
- Ability to assess business transactions and products in terms of the associated AML risks
- Advanced organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking and following up
- Experience using databases and other tracking tools to enforce global consistency
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience working collaboratively across various areas of the organization and presenting to senior management
- Required Licensing/Registration: Series 7, Series 24,
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:
- Maintain oversight over emerging and existing key risks, controls, corrective actions and enhancement initiatives on an end-to-end basis
- Assist in the implementation of global, regional and country risk and control policy requirements and processes including the reinforcement, enhancement, rationalization, and streamlining of such processes, and the strengthening of the overall risk and control environment. Liaising with partners such as Compliance, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management on standards & regulatory interpretation
- Help to promote a strong culture of risk and control awareness and compliance with policies and requirements in the Commercial Bank
- Partner, coordinate and interact with other Control units such as Operational Risk Management (ORM), Country Legal, Country Compliance, and Country Finance, and Internal Audit on Commercial related risk and control activities
- Assist initiatives for providing training and raising awareness on risks and controls
- Work with in-country Business and Function Teams, Regional CCB IBC Team and other IBC Teams in APAC CCB to identify, dimension, prioritize, and report key risks, and implement robust controls
- Assist in root cause analysis for material risk events and control breaks including an effective feedback loop to local and regional management. Supporting CCB Business Heads with the design, implementation, and validation of control issues and their associated Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) in line with the Asia Regional CAP Directive
- Evaluate, assess and validate controls through processes and tools including MCA, Key Risk Control Indicators (KRCIs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and other related processes
- Report, or contribute to the reporting of MCA results/KRCI Scorecard to country and regional CCB management
- Supervise the AML/KYC process to ensure CADDs are renewed timely.Coordinate with BSU to minimize expired CADDs
- Ensure, or contribute in the efforts to ensure that all AML alerts are disambiguated by relationship managers within defined timelines
- Track, monitor and report CCB related issues and their associated CAPs and promptly escalating CAPs that are at risk of missing their target dates
- Help to monitor outsourced functions: Oversight of service providers, including conducting of annual due diligence reviews
- Candidates with relatively less experience will be considered for the post of AVP, In-Business Control, Citi Commercial Bank
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting