VP Head Of Trustee Operations
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Profile Search & Selection Hong Kong
- 16 Apr 19
Our client is a global trustee business who is looking for a Head of Trustee Operations to be based in Hong Kong reporting to the Global Head in Europe.
An exciting opportunity in the Trustee Business within Securities Services. Trustee acts on behalf on investor ensuring that fund service providers comply with Regulatory requirements, local market best practices and Fund statutory documentation. Daily, monthly and semi-annual tests ensure that Net Asset Valuation is correct and ad-hoc regulatory tasks help to ensure that Fund is being managed in line with regulations
- Managing a team of 7 people providing operational services
- Responsibility for all Trustee Operations and deliverables based in Hong Kong. Provide the operational, process, quality and people leadership to ensure robust delivery of all services provided
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and the firms policies along with ensuring adherence to internal compliance standards across the department with regards to checklists, procedures, training etc.
- Record any issues and provide detailed escalations to the global head of Trustee Operations
- Work closely with the Product as well as Risk & Control Team to ensure appropriate controls are in place for all processes and high risk areas identified and corrective action put in place
- Effectively lead the team in all people strategy initiatives - including talent selection, development and retention, VOE activities, communications, performance management
- Ensure Operations resources are aligned to support global/regional business strategy and client delivery
- Driving the implementation of initiatives to continuously improve STP rates and productivity, including the use of Robotics, workflow and other innovative re-engineering techniques
- Ensure and champion a culture of working closely with the technology organization to determine product/process enhancements resulting in efficiencies for the Trustee business
- Ensure the Team is effective in working with Product and Sales teams on any potential new clients for the business
The ideal candidate will come from a securities services or trustee services background with a least 8 years experience within operations. Staff management experience is a must for this role.