VP, Finance & Treasury, Project Edelweiss
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Initial focus is to establish the finance and treasury function of one of our subsidiaries in mainland China with the following key responsibilities:
- Identify all financial and regulatory reporting requirement under local regulatory requirements
- Conduct gap analysis of financial and regulatory reporting requirement for consolidated reporting at group level and at HKMA basis and devise solutions to bridge the gaps
- Assist in establish a target operating model covering the governance and processes in financial and regulatory reporting process, performance and cost management reporting processes, and treasury related activities to manage the company's liquidity profile
- Work extensively with project teams, external vendor and HK finance team in drafting BRD / functional specification for the reporting system and conducting parallel run / UAT testing
- Monitor and track implementation progress; propose solutions / workarounds where appropriate
- Subsequent to project completion, the candidate will transit into part of the BAU team with the following key responsibilities:-
- As a reporting led handling BAU financial and regulatory reporting production process, maintaining books and records, resolving day-to-day issues and ensuring timely and accurate production of reporting deliverables
- Assist in implementation of robust controls to meet regulatory requirement and adhere to Group financial control and regulatory reporting risk policy.
- Handle new reporting requirements arising from local regulators, HKMA or group policy
- Handle performance management, cost management, budgeting / forecasting and produce necessary variance analysis and commentary to support both local management and group management
- Handle treasury-related activities including:
- Support activity in raising and deploying liquidity to ensure company can meet all its obligation as they fall due (intra-day and inter-day) and all regulatory requirements
- Analytics and reporting on balance sheet trends, ratio forecasts and liquidity profile
- Estimate and plan for internal funding of the company
- Meet funding requirement whilst maintaining regulatory, stress and prudent liquidity requirements
- Operate within treasury's liquidity and credit limits
- Produce daily internal transfer pricing curves for company's marginal cost of funding
- Understand and act on liquidity contingency plan
- Qualified accountant in Financial Markets, experience in international banking group is a plus
- Hands-on knowledge in all-rounded finance and treasury activities / processes of Financial Markets, including financial and regulatory reporting systems / processes, performance management, cost management, budgeting, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and data skills,
- Solid knowledge in China accounting standard, IFRS and regulatory requirement
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, ability and confident in interacting with multiple counterparts and senior management
- Knowledge of money and capital markets to access external markets for funding and squaring of positions as well as managing internal balance sheet activities with Trading Desks
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.