See job description for details
DBS Vickers (Hong Kong) Limited is part of DBS Vickers Securities Group, one of the largest securities brokerages in Singapore and a leading institutional and retail brokerage in Asia. Backed by the financial strength of DBS Group, we offer a broad range of services from wealth management, financial advisory, research and brokerages.
DBS Vickers is looking to hire an experienced, compelling and reliable Equities Business Manager, based in Hong Kong, with the key aim of supporting the COO and the Equities Trading business from an end-to-end perspective.
This role will be responsible for the management of front, middle and back technology platforms ranging from CTB initiatives to RTB activities from the business perspective. The successful candidate will have significant exposure to the front office and will partner closely with the various team leads in our technology, operations, compliance, and risk departments in ensuring that deliverables are on time and within budget. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate new business initiatives, process enhancement, regulatory compliance projects (e.g. HK Investor ID Regime) and Stock Exchange related projects (e.g. HKEx FINI) and manage the required NPA (New Product Approval)
- Assist with post-implementation monitoring activities to assess the adherence to conditional terms, project conditions, within the NPA arena.
- Work with vendor and internal IT product and development team to prioritise changes.
- Ensure proper approval for new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or necessary changes of existing SOPs in involved teams about new projects and service enhancements
- Manage internal/external vendor contracts in terms of SLA (service level agreement). Setup new Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Supporting Units (SUs) and review/monitor existing SLAs.
- Incident management and outsourcing assessment.
- Participate in other initiatives, projects or process changes as required by Vickers HK, Vickers Group or DBS Group.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or other related disciplines. Equivalent experience would be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with equity-based products, preferably at least 3 years in project management.
- Experience in the securities brokerage business especially electronic trading is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of equities market structure and technology, support business lines in adoption of new regulatory policies/guidelines and adherence to conduct and control best practices is required.
- The individual must be analytical, detail-oriented, well organized and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with ability to build rapport with other stakeholders and partners, and concurrently managing a broad portfolio of tasks.
- Experience with people and vendor management is ideal.