VP - AxJ ETF Product Specialist
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Professionals within the APAC EII Product Team work to deliver, manage and monitor iShares investment vehicles, relevant to our clients. The ETF Product Specialist works within the EII Product Team, and is responsible for driving sales, providing product expertise, competitive positioning and supporting analysis to drive iShares product selection to the sales force in the region. The position is based in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will serve as a technical expert on topics such as Smart Beta (Single Factor and Multi-Factor), ESG (Socially Responsible and Impact investing), REITS and Infrastructure ETFs, with a strong knowledge of the Asian markets. He will craft investment messages, help identify commercial opportunities and deliver the full power of BlackRock to our APAC client base.
Ability to partner with teams across functions and aptitude to navigate the global iShares product set will be integral component to successfully engage with clients. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in product knowledge and investment expertise in order to effectively interface with senior members of the iShares distribution, product and portfolio engineering teams, as well as with BlackRock Product Advisory Solutions and Model Portfolio Solutions teams. In addition to strong technical skills and product expertise, the role requires strong communication skills to be able to interact effectively with APAC clients.
The candidate profile will require a combination of quantitative skills, strategic thinking, organizational agility and practical investment experience to ensure an effective collaboration with sales to win new business and/or deepen large existing relationships.
- Engage with sales and clients, educate, provide detailed product analysis, such as single or multiple ETFs/mutual fund comparative returns analysis, holdings analysis, risk and return attribution and articulate the competitive advantages of the iShares range.
- Along with Investment Strategy and Insights (ISI) and/or Marketing teams and/or other ETF Product Specialists globally, originate stories and synthetize material, create product content, presentations and other marketing collateral on the APAC domiciled and global iShares range, to help drive iShares AUM growth in APAC.
- Partner with sales management, business leaders and marketing to steward the marketing/events pipeline, client meetings, roadshows, with particular focus on the iShares equity range.
- Work closely with the Product team in APAC and other ETF Product Specialists globally on future product development, product positioning and commercialization pipeline, integrating the global EII product strategy, competitive landscape and client feedback in APAC.
- Continually expand and deepen investment, portfolio construction and iShares product knowledge base. Stay abreast of current market environment and the latest investment research. Apply where relevant.
- Influence creation of scalable content through leverage of technology mediums (Bloomberg and Aladdin), while keenly focusing on data integrity.
- Serve as a key speaker/participant at BlackRock sponsored and industry conferences as needed.
- Skills & Qualifications:
- ETF product familiarity and industry experience. A strong working knowledge of ETFs is preferred with a complementary understanding of other investment vehicles.
- Ability to readily serve as the “face for iShares range” on topics such as Smart Beta (Single Factor and Multi-Factor), ESG (Socially Responsible and Impact investing), REITS and Infrastructure ETFs.
- Ability to build strong relationships with the EII salesforce, Capital Markets team and other sales teams within BlackRock
- Experience interfacing with APAC-based institutional clients, in a role such as investment consulting / sell-side structuring or similar.
- Strong analytical skills: proven experience with Excel VBA, Bloomberg, Aladdin Portfolio tools or similar systems required
- Strong work ethic and professional disposition, attention to detail, drive for perfection
- High level of self-motivation, collaborative approach to tasks, as well as people leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally in a fast paced environment
- Fluency in Mandarin, Korean or Japanese preferred
- CFA and/or other professional investment accreditations a plus
- Ability to travel regionally ~20%
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.