See job description for details
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services. Responsibilities
- Hong Kong ALCO and Balance Sheet Management:
Assist the Team Head and HK ALCO in formulating balance sheet strategies and presenting this in an effective manner to ALCO/senior management. Maintain close on-the-ground engagements with the business units to understand business drivers and execute balance sheet steers efficiently.
- Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) Calibration:
Be familiar with FTP policies and principles. Manage day-to-day FTP setting in line with the Hong Kong ALCO strategy. Interact with the business units for any FTP quotations and program discussions.
- Balance Sheet Analytics:
Provide data-driven insights into balance sheet trends, risks, and mitigation strategies, which would lead to increased balance sheet efficiency (Net Interest Income, Net Interest Margin, Return on Equity, etc). Be familiar with analytics tools available.
Support local execution of the HQLA duration rebalancing portfolio and contribute to market views. Manage HK wholesale funding requirements to maintain structural liquidity ratios.
- Regulatory & Others:
Ensure all relevant regulatory liquidity ratios managed by CT are adhered to. Be familiar with Central Operations market risk limits and ensure adherence.
Assist the Team Head in management reporting and provide CT support to strategic projects when required. Requirements
- 4-8 years of experience in balance sheet management related functions (Asset Liability Management, Funding & Liquidity, Market and Liquidity risk, Capital, Finance, Treasury etc.). Business experience with close interaction with ALCO/ balance sheet management functions would be considered.
- Having experience working in a dealing room environment will be an advantage.
- University degree in finance/ accounting/ economics/ risk management/ engineering, preferably with CPA/CFA/FRM qualifications and/or Certified Treasury Management Professional under HKMA's Enhanced Competency Framework in Treasury Management (ECF-TM).
- Good understanding of financial markets products - FX swaps, derivatives, MTNs, regulatory assets (HQLA), etc
- Understanding key drivers of balance sheet management - liquidity ratios, FTP, capital
- Familiar with liquidity regulations in HK
- Keeping abreast of macro-economic environment and implications on funding markets/liquidity condition.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in stakeholders' management
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, strong desire to learn and to be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Motivated to establish and drive projects within Finance team and with Group
- Familiarity with market data systems (Reuters, Bloomberg) and Murex would be an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.