VP- Risk and Control, COO office, Corporate Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- ConnectedGroup Limited
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
·Reputable Regional Bank ·1st Line of Defense Function ·Team Head Role
Our client, a reputable Regional Bank, is looking for hire a high caliber to join as a VP- Risk and Control for Corporate Banking COO office.
- Cover the quality assurance of client on-boarding process and develop a risk-based monitoring / review mechanism in a longer run
- Enhance risk governance and control function of front-to-end process of new initiatives in the segment.
- Perform analytical review of past suspected fraud and fraudulent cases as lesson learnt and study any behavioral pattern for preventive measures
- Coordinate and drive automation / digitization of transaction monitoring and fraud prevention
- Oversee sales process, fair dealing, data protection governance of the business
- Facilitate the business segment to comply with the Bank's policies / standards and external regulations by:
- Disseminating information, leading and coordinating the implementation of Bank's policies, procedures & controls to ensure compliance;
- Promoting risk control awareness; and
- Acting as contact person to liaise with other Support Units including Compliance, Legal, Audit and Risk Management on control and compliance matters.
- Proactively evaluate the business and risk of products, processes & new systems in corporate banking segment, and provide an independent assessment to the Management
- Coordinate stakeholders within the business segment to review, devise and implement relevant policies, processes, controls, systems, documents to comply with new or amended laws
- University graduated in Business Administration, Risk Management or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 12 years experience in regulatory/ compliance or control gained from corporate banking environment.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of the corporate banking business processes and related regulatory requirement, with drive to keep updated on prevailing market and regulatory news and developments.
- Strong professional experience on compliance & risk control in banking and in Institutional Banking products and operations.
- Ability to provide balanced perspective between business expediency as well as risk & control
- Ability to work closely and effectively with relevant stakeholders locally and at regional level to rollout / implement needful control related policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership, project and people management; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese.