* Reputable European Corporate Bank * Well- Established Environment * Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a Reputable European Corporate Bank, is looking to hire a VP- Operational Risk Management. This incumbent is mainly support, advise and perform research for the benefit of management and 1st Line of Defense in the development, definition and implementation of Operational Risk Management in Hong Kong and Asia.
Governance & Advice
- Maintains the framework and manages it as a basis for operational activities.
- Advises 1LoD on Operational Risk framework matters.
- Consults, advises and supports 1LoD on Operational Risk set-up, procedures and measures.
- Challenges, advises and helps 1LoD in the field of Operational Risk queries and the application of various Operational Risk aspects within daily operations.
- Identifies and monitors relevant developments in the field, both within and outside the organisation, and incorporates findings in policy and procedures.
- Supports running of local Risk Committee chaired by Country Branch Manager.
Risk Identification & Risk Assessment
- Identifies risks in conjunction with management and the 1LoD, with due regard for the interests of parties involved (bank, customer, third parties).
- Investigates risks and events, conducts desk research, researches individual cases and makes an analysis. Helps prioritise risks and performs assessments in conjunction with management.
Risk Mitigation & Risk Awareness
- Guides and supports 1LoD in the creation of an implementation risk mitigation plan.
- Communicates policy and guidelines to management and employees.
- Encourages risk awareness and a sense of responsibility among management and employees in relation to Operational Risk.
- Advises and assists in the implementation of new and updated Operational Risk policy, procedures and measures.
- Point of contact for the reporting of and for queries relating to Operational Risk events and issues.
Monitoring, Progress and Reporting
- Checks that the 1LoD is complying with the Risk Appetite, and that Operational Risks are being managed and escalated where necessary.
- Monitors progress in Risk Mitigation activities, creates reports and feeds back to management of the business unit, second line and Operational Risk functional line.
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience in operational risk gained from an international bank environment.
- Ability to analyze, collate and understand the business requirements
- Strong organizing and project management skills
- Ability to lead and drive projects and initiatives
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills who is able to work well with other
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin)