VP- Client Onboarding
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- ConnectedGroup Limited
- 16 Oct 18
·Leading Chinese Investment Bank ·Growing Environment ·Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a leading Chinese Investment Bank, is looking for an AVP for client onboarding team to strength the function and cope with the expansion.
- Ensure timely, accurate Client Due Diligence ('CDD') reviews and risk assessment of new accounts, existing accounts, screening of counterparties, tracking, escalation and resolution of CDD deferrals, account slated for exit
- Identify gaps and implement on-boarding controls and systems / process enhancement that are fit for purpose and will address current and future requirements in a rapidly changing regulatory environment and an evolving AML landscape, in line with industry best practices
- Assist Head of Operation and MLRO in the discharge of their duties as required from time to time
- Manage audit / regulatory inspections and ensure timely closure of audit issues and regulatory findings
- Timely escalation of issues (related to on-boarding) to Head of Operation or MLRO
- Facilitate the development of company-wide culture of Compliance - promote ownership of front office as first line of defense through training and proactive engagement
- Deliver on the internal customer experience while maintaining the highest standards on CDD/KYC
- Deliver on the People Agenda - strengthen the bench strength, retain talents, optimize allocation of resources
- Handle various client checks including Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), AML, CRS, World Check and FATCA Check
- Ensure all policies, procedures and guidelines are followed
- Handle equities placing documents with ECM or sales trading team
- Attend KYC / AML related seminar / training and provide training to the team and other relevant parties if necessary
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years experience in client onboarding and KYC from banking industry with at least 5 years in supervisory role.
- Well versed in AML & KYC regulatory requirements and practice
- Holder of SFC RA Type 1 license is preferable
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as AVP level.