Treasury Risk Manager - Mox
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience! The Role Responsibilities
We are looking for Treasury Risk Manager who would report into and support Senior Manager, Treasury Risk in respect of Liquidity and Funding Risk and Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) Management and Balance Sheet Management for Mox
Liquidity & Funding Risk and IRRBB Management
- Support the development, implementation and regular review of policies and standards relating to Liquidity and Funding Risk and IRRBB
- Report and monitor the Liquidity and Funding Risk and IRRBB metrics
- Prepare Liquidity and IRRBB related regulatory returns
- Drive system implementation, upgrades and maintenance of internal Liquidity and IRRBB risk reporting as well as regulatory reporting
- Support and participate in the development, implementation, maintenance, review and enhancement of models for behavioural modelling, IRRBB modelling, stress testing, recovery planning etc and relevant risk analytic methodologies
- Assist the development and maintenance of Contingency Funding Plan and Recovery Plan
- Perform on-going and ad-hoc analysis in respect of Liquidity and Funding Risk and IRRBB management to facilitate senior management decision making
Balance Sheet Management & Analytics and ALCO Support
- Prepare meeting materials for and co-ordinate the Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO) meetings. Ensure data accuracy, quality and relevancy of the meeting materials.
- Take minutes for ALCO meetings
- Perform on-going or ad-hoc analysis on, but not limited to, the balance sheet mix, liquidity gaps, interest rates gaps, and funding costs etc for ALCO
- Support the performance of governance effectiveness review and any other governance related requirements and ensure all these requirements are complied
Regulatory Compliance & Controls
Our Ideal Candidate
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures, and local regulations relating to Liquidity and Funding Risk and IRRBB
- Assist with internal and external audits, maintain records and provide test data as requested
- Ensure operational risk controls in relation to Treasury Risk processes are in place, documented and implemented with evidences properly recorded.
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related disciplines
- Associate Member (Core Level or Professional I Level) of Treasury Markets Association (TMA) is preferable
- Solid banking experience in related functions with knowledge of financial products and regulatory requirements related to liquidity risk management and interest rate risk management
- Experience should include risk measurement, reporting and analysis
- Experience with treasury management systems implementation will be an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy as well as independent problem-solving and multi-tasking ability are a prerequisite
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work in a proactive and agile way under a fast-pace and dynamic environment
- Strong collaboration, consensus building and communication skills with ability to work with different culture, and people with different operating rhythm
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Advanced excel skills and good computer knowledge.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on Mox, please visit our moxbank.com.