CIMB Group is a leading ASEAN universal bank, one of the largest Asian investment banks and one of the world’s largest Islamic banks. We are headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and offer consumer banking, commercial banking, wholesale banking, Islamic banking and asset management products and services. As the fifth largest banking group in ASEAN, we have over 34,000 staff in 16 locations across ASEAN, Asia and beyond.
We offer wholesale banking products and services in Hong Kong. To cope with our business growth, we are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join us as Treasury Assoicate in Hong Kong.
Funding, Sales and Trading Support
- To execute trades in the money, fixed income or foreign exchange (FX) markets in support of funding, trading and/or sales activity of the Treasury & Markets business. This shall be done under supervision of senior dealers, in line with desk or business objectives and in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- To formulate, or to assist in formulating, funding, trading, hedging and/or sales strategies for respective desks, which will involve tracking prices and events, data handling, backtesting, scenario analysis and making relevant recommendations to senior dealers.
- To monitor and explain desk profitability, risk limits utilization and other performance-tracking metrics.
- To assist with product development and approvals, including stakeholder management, systems testing and negotiating new processes with internal business partners.
- To perform any other duties as and when required by senior dealers and supervisors.
Optimize Business Performance and Operational Excellence
- To understand trade life-cycles, internal business processes and their corresponding risks and controls. To troubleshoot any data or process-related defects or errors affecting the smooth functioning of the Treasury & Markets business, which will involve working extensively with internal business partners or external service providers or counterparties.
- To take ownership of or assist in selected administrative departmental duties.
- To keep abreast with and understand regulatory/industry updates and work with senior dealers and other stakeholders to, accordingly, institute new processes and controls or to update existing ones where required.
- To be primary department representative in technology-related upgrade or transformation projects.
- To perform any other duties as and when required by dealers and supervisors.
- University degree in Business-related major in Economics, Finance, or technical / quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering etc.) will be an advantage
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in banking / finance
- Existing TMA membership and/or HKMA Registered Persons status will be an advantage
- Strong fundamental knowledge of finance and banking. Knowledge related to financial markets would be an advantage.
- Proven track record of successfully working in a team environment to deliver business results
- Possess strong IT skills with an acumen for handling data – proficient user of MS Excel (knowledge of Excel VBA is an advantage)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Naturally inquisitive. Meticulous, with a quantitative / computational inclination
- Ability to lead and follow in appropriate situations
- Possess good team work spirit and initiative
- Self motivated and able to work independently with strong desire to succeed
- Strong command of spoken and written English, and spoken Mandarin and Cantonese