Transfer Agency Consultant, Global Funds Services Asia
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What you will do
Reporting to the Manager of Transfer Agency Asia, the Consultant - Transfer Agent ("TA") is responsible for overseeing the performance of the TA activities outsourced to offshore centers in accordance with the agreed service level. The TA is also required to provide offshore TA support to the other home locations. The TA builds and maintains a strong partnership with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency Department in Ireland, UK, Singapore, Manila, India to deliver a high quality service to Northern Trust's clients and their fund investors.
1. Oversees outsourced functions to ensure timely and accurate completion by TA partners in offshore location including tasks processed through Northern Trust's workflow process such as dealing, registration, settlement and reporting.
2. Liaise with offshore TA partners to ensure that tasks performed are in accordance with the fund's requirement, Northern Trust's procedures and applicable regulatory requirement.
3. Highlight and timely escalate material issues and exceptions to management.
4. Respond and assists in problems and critical issues as escalated by the offshore TA team, as well as those received from clients.
5. Assists clients / investors to ensure that all queries are dealt with efficiently and professionally emails and calls.
6. Prepare and follow up activity associated with audit/review.
7. Prepare service review pack and attend the service review meeting with offshore TA on their performance.
8. Complete checklist and prepare dashboard, End of Day Hand over report and any other management reporting as required.
9. Performs additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed.
10. Support projects and any ad hoc tasks as assigned by the TA manager. Your Knowledge/Skills/Experience
- Excellent communication, listening, analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- College or University degree holder
- Required language - oral and written English, Chinese (Mandarin is an advantage)
- 3-5 years of experience in day-to-day Transfer Agent processes and procedures on investment funds
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications relating to designated areas of responsibility
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com