Transaction Manager (Banking, Global team)
- 50-55,000 HKD per month + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Andersen , EA Licence No: 16S8094
- 13 Jan 18 2018-01-13
The jobholder will work as part of a team dedicated to the review and negotiation of documentation related to Loan Facility transactions (Syndicated Facilities, Project and Export Finance, Islamic Financing and others); liaising with arrangers/lenders, managing external counsel and discussing with internal advisory lawyer where required as well as working closely with the Client Services, Business Development and Risk teams. The position will also involve managing (together with internal and external counsel, senior business managers where appropriate) post-closing amendments and legal documentation work.
Ideal candidate is also expected to:
- At all times work pro-actively with clients and peers to ensure a smooth and high standard of service delivery to our clients.
- Review the transactions to ensure compliance with the bank's group standards and perform an analysis of the transaction structure as a whole from a legal and operational perspective to identify any potential issues or unusual duties/obligations.
- Be responsible for the on-boarding of new transactions and effecting a successful hand-over to client services team for post-signing administration.
- Take responsibility for the assigned workload while at the same time being able to escalate issues where appropriate.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience as a transaction manager, junior banking lawyer, or client services manager, ideally with operational knowledge but not essential;
- Some previous credit experience and understanding of banking operations is desirable;
- Sufficient corporate trust and loan agency experience to ensure the bank is not exposed to any legal, operational or reputational risks;
- Client focused;
- Fluent English, Mandarin is strongly desirable, and Cantonese would also be good;
- Exposure to conventional debt, medium term note programmes, structured finance and escrow transactions is an advantage;
- Good communicator, both written and verbally;
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively;
- Strong time management and negotiation skills;
- Proactive and flexible attitude; and
- Team player.