Trainee: Market Risk Analyst - Risks Hong Kong
- Provide analytical support for the team
- Prepare risk reports and presentations
- Improve existing tools to facilitate the reporting
- Understand and analyse risk representation of various traded products and other investments
- Understand issues surrounding regulatory and economic capital for market risk
- Hold a relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar
- Strong quantitative orientation and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of fixed income products (vanilla and derivatives), risk analysis and models (VaR, Stress test) and valuation models of financial products
- Proficiency in Python. Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge in Excel, Access, strong SQL skills
- Highly motivated and fast learning individual
- First experience in Market Risk or trading will be appreciated
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. To apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
You will be part of the Risk department which monitors and manages, directly and independently to the Direction of the Group, the risk exposures. Within this department, you will join the team in charge of the Market Risk management and will be more specifically attached to the team in charge of framework, deal flow and methodology.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000TGV
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/11/2019