Trainee: Market Activity Analyst - Risks Hong Kong
- Understand trading strategies and products features on the Fixed income and Currencies Exotics Desk
- Assist senior members in the team with producing and certifying Risk Analysis, monitoring and explaining Risk Metrics breaches for the trading desks and risk management
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly reporting of PnL and Income Attribution results
- Review current risk batches setup and configuration and work closely with other department including IT support, Finance teams and Trading assistants to improve current workflow and efficiencies
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar
- Ability to work under pressure and able to meet deadlines and anticipate potential issues
- Good communication, teamworking and organizational skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Good command of Excel and knowledge of python would be beneficial
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Metric Monitoring Group is part of Market Risk Department and its mandate mainly consist of the following:
- PnL Certification
- Market Risk Certification
The Trainee will work in the Fixed income and Currencies Exotics Team in HK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000TWL
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/11/2019