A top tier sell side firm is looking for a L2 trading application support with strong interest in programming - C# or Java. The team is responsible for 70% application support and 30% development.
About the job:
- Be the first point of contact to problems and answer functional questions.
- Take lead on trading system issues and effectively advise and communicate with traders.
- Run morning checks and monitor orders throughout the day.
- Ad-hoc troubleshooting for trader and address middle-office enquires in a timely manner.
- Manage the trading system enhancement life cycle:
- Work with traders to identify issues and clarify requirements.
- Work with the vendors and/or internal teams for the best suitable solution.
- Test and sign off new enhancements on trading systems.
- Arrange new release and post deployment checks.
- Tool development
- Build and maintain tools to assist with production support.
- This is currently done mostly with C#/JAVA/SQL/VBA/Excel.
About the person :
- BS/ Computer Science or related majors.
- 4+ years work experience in Financial industry and at least 2+ years Sell Side trading application support experience and 2+ years on development using C# or Java
- Extensive knowledge of FIX based electronic order routing
- Strong Communication / Interpersonal Skills
- Experience with Order Management System
- Self Starter, with strong problem solving skills and follow through skills