My client is a hedge fund headquartered in HK with offices in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Sydney, NYC and London. They are a team of professionals with an extensive track record from prestigious banks and hedge funds, specializing in equity index arbitrage in Asian frontiers and emerging markets. They invest in Indexes' constitutes, Indexes futures, ETFs, Indexes swaps and currencies futures in speculating and hedging purposes.
The trading algo developer is responsible for developing the trading algo and related infrastructure for the company. The role requires a high level of expertise in developing efficient, low-latency C++ code that is highly fault-tolerant to ensure the business continues to operate. The role will require constant dialogue with the business.
- Close interaction with Traders to understand new requirements for the Algo itself and related infra.
- Enhancing the existing platform and developing new functionality, primarily in C++
- Take complete ownership of deliverables from inception to roll-out, working largely independently.
- Mentoring and/or managing more junior members of the team
- Continual improvement of the software development lifecycle and quality of the product
- Support of the production system
- 3+ years' trading algorithm development experience in C++ language.
- Experience of implementing automated risk controls in trading algo.
- Experience of developing low-latency, high performance software in C++.
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems.