Trader / Risk Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Jan 18
As part of the REM team, you will:
- Hedge the credit risk in the market by trading credit derivatives
- Price up front charges in trades in order to cover credit valuation adjustments (CVA), debit valuation adjustment (DVA) and funding value adjustment (FVA)
- Take ownership, maintain and develop the existing pricing and risk tools with the help of IT
- Liaise with the sales and structuring staff in the region and opine on credit risk related matters
- Engage in default resolution process with business and legal in the event of client defaults
- Interact with various segments (Credit control, FX and Rates business, Finance, Operations, IT) to optimize processes related to credit risk
- Facilitates the documentation requirements for SIMM and handle documentation risk in the region
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Risk Exposure Management (REM), as part of Group Treasury ALM, owns and manages counterparty risk exposure for UBS. It is also part of REM mandate to manage scarce financial resources such as risk weighted assets (RWAs) and Leverage Ratio Denominator (LRD), ensuring that UBS is compensated for the risk taken whilst meeting the return hurdles for the business. The REM Hong Kong team advises on pricing, risk management, margining and the risk/return framework, enabling the business to serve as a top tier liquidity provider and to offer a comprehensive range of products, including Structured products, and superior sales coverage to the Bank's external clients and to the Group's businesses.
Your experience and skills
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and able to work independently as well as within a regional / global team environment
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, ability to explain highly technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to communicate fluently in English is required (written & spoken)
- Strong interest in the capital markets and financial services industry
Job Specific Requirements
- Solid quantitative & financial background to cope with advanced issues seen in counterparty risk measurement and management
- Basic knowledge of derivatives
- IT skills in VBA, SQL, Access will be a plus
- Familiarity with regulatory issues and developments (Basel III) for capital advisory
- Good understanding of ISDA / CSA clause especially for SIMM.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.