Trade Support for Prime Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 18 Oct 18
Trade Support for Prime Services
"Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities."
CMA (Capital Markets Agency) Trade Support provides operational support throughout the lifecycle of transactions for both businesses: Agency Execution Services on Cash Equities and Listed Derivatives, and the Prime Brokerage Services on Equities/SBL/Repo, FX/OTC Derivatives and Fixed Income.
We are seeking a high caliber to join our team as Prime Services Trade Support Associate
- Support the Sales and Traders in their day-to-day activities, such as trade capture & matching, booking and allocation, client enquiry handling and follow up, etc.
- Ensure all trades are correctly reflected in the relevant systems and/or database for smooth settlement and confirmation
- Assist in client onboarding process and account mapping setup
- Close coordination with clients and counterparts/ other Prime Brokerage service providers to manage the booking allocation and trade matching, such as give-ups and confirmation, meeting funding/settlement cut offs, etc.
- Liaison and collaborate with different internal stakeholders/teams across the regions from Front-to-Back
- Participate in local/global projects related to Trade Support: process implementation/improvement, new product/business developments, UAT user requirements/test case/testing, etc.
- Proactive regular review on existing process workflows for enhancement whilst meeting operational control and compliance standard
- Risk assess and forecast new control implementation on current/new products and/or businesses
- Active follow up on updating documentation of Trade Support processes
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective trade support processes"
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
- Bachelors degree or above in Economics/ Finance or relevant
- Strong cross-products knowledge of Prime Brokerage trade support operations: FX, OTC Derivatives, Fixed Income and/or Repo
- Knowledge on Cash Equities, Stock Borrow Lending (SBL) and Listed Derivatives is a plus; preferably Global Equities market knowledge
- Good understanding of Prime Brokerage business and the Operating Model; some knowledge on Traiana/Harmony platform and process workflow is preferred
- Proactively support and provide quality service to the Business and Front office for existing and new business
- Ensure Operational Support and Control on Trade Flow Monitoring for Prime Brokerage activities across all Asset Classes
- Ensure Post-Trade Support for Cash Equity Execution business in terms of booking, confirmation and settlement matching
- Maintain a close governance with global team for Trade Support Unit to ensure coverage of processes and Follow-the-Sun
- Risk Assessed mindset & adequate Control framework - some knowledge on Key Operations Indicator (KOI), Key Risk Indicator (KRI) is a plus; Good understanding of Regulartory environment and requirements
- Work well under pressure to deliver client and business expectations
- Good team player with ability to drive initiatives within the team and cross-departments for a common delivery
- Minimum of 3 years banking experience in Global Markets Operations, Trade Support or Middle Office function
- Process Mapping Skill or VBA macro is a plus
- Proficiency in English"
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
- Responsibility - Courage: I express my convictions and make decisions with courage and respect.
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Being thorough
- Critical thinking skills
- Taking initiatives
- Feel free to add here some others skills (max. 6 behavioral skills)