Technology and Business Transformation Manager Asia, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Mar 19
See job description for details
Corporate Services provides a robust portfolio of global services utilized daily across the Firm to enable productivity, efficiency, safety, optimized business models and an enhanced employee experience in the workplace. We have over 5,000 staff managing a multi-billion dollar scope of services including Real Estate and Location Strategy; Real Estate Portfolio and Transaction Management; Property Management; Corporate Travel; Corporate Security & Investigations; Corporate Information Management; and Regional Client Services; and Office of the COO.
Basic Function: Technology & Transformation Management – Act as the Corporate Services technology point of contact to interface with Morgan Stanley Technology department and as a senior member of the Office of the COO, reporting to Asia COO.
The candidate will be responsible to strategize, lead and coordinate with the various Corporate Services functions in relation to the selection, implementation, maintenance and retirement of their Technology systems and processes.
The candidate will have the opportunity to liaise with the wider team members within the Office of the COO organization and various Corporate Services functions, to contribute towards ensuring that processes; procedures and reporting are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to Asia COO:
Technology & Transformation Management – In a leadership role, working with CS global Technology & Transformation Lead and Morgan Stanley Technology Department :
• Team lead for CS Asia reporting to Global CS Technology Head to develop a Book of Work on technology initiatives leading to the development of a global technology budget, provide support in tracking and reporting.
• Work with CS functions to build strong relationships with the CS Asia Management team and other key stakeholders across the region to drive continuous improvement of the CS Technology program and associated governance processes.
• Perform advisory role and identify appropriate tech solutions/systems that solve problems and promote efficiency taking into account Asia market, regulatory, business and cultural requirements.
• Educate the functional teams of the CS IT team engagement and support model.
• Work with Morgan Stanley Technology Department to maintain an on-going database/dossier of Technology hardware and software inventories.
• Review work processes and identify opportunity to transform existing practices to improve on efficiency and effectiveness. This may or may not involve Technology implementation.
• Partner with Corporate Workplace Tech team to provide technology solution support in the implementation of Workplace Evolution project / Project Symphony roll out.
• Manage contingent resource for technology support.
• Chair monthly Asia Technology Management meeting with Corporate Service Asia management team.
• Represent Asia as a member on the Global Corporate Services Technology Steering Committee.
• Manage multiple projects focused on process improvements and prioritize work to ensure work aligns with strategic goals.
• Contribute to the assessment of business problems and opportunities and recommend course of action.
• Identify and gather business process metrics and maintain appropriate documentation including project charter, progress updates and final report to capture and communicate learnings.
• Effectively create presentations and communicate progress to senior team on developments and advise on business requirements.
Centralized Reporting and Metric Team (CRM Team) - As of January 2019, there are 5 staff (1 local manager and 4 analysts) forming the CRM team in Mumbai. This CRM team has taken on responsibility to streamline and produce global reports for the CS COO function. The expectation is for this team to expand its scope to cover for the wider CS functions.
• Provide management guidance and oversight to the operation of the CRM team.
• Review workload regularly and perform strategic review of the work priority and resource level.
• Act as the conduit with senior members of the CS functions with an aim to expand the scope of the CRM team.
• Review CRM team product quality and process with a view to improve efficiency, productivity and bolster resiliency within the team.
• Lead and focus on recruitment as the team expands to ensure that we attract and hire the best staff in the market to grow our team and enhance our business model.
• Foster a positive, collaborative and nurturing environment to strengthen engagement within the team.
Performance Management – Work with CS Global Performance Lead to support the performance scorecard reporting and development
• Support the global performance management lead in scorecard development and reporting.
• Be the Asia representative/point contact for ad hoc reporting request.
• Support CS Asia in recruitment, volunteering and team building activities.
• As a senior member of the Asia COO Team, there will be opportunity to support Firmwide initiatives such as Environment Sustainability Committee, Family Network, Woman Business Alliance, Multicultural Alliance, Philanthropy Committee, LGBT Ally Network, etc.
Minimum Requirements: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities to qualify for position)
• Post graduate calibre individual with at least 7 to 10 years business technology & transformation management experience, specifically in banking.
• Excellent performance record in managing clients (both internal and external) at all levels.
• Strong ethics and willingness to learn new skills.
• Strong analytical skills, high in problem solving ability with an inquisitive mind to explore creative and innovative solutions.
• Understand organisational, process, tracking and reporting requirements.
• Ability to prioritise workload and has high degree of commitment to meet key deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural and global matrix organization.
• Experience in the client-side of the banking industry is an advantage.