Technology & Operational Risk, Operations Risk Group Associate
Overview of the role:
This role will reside within the Technology and Operations Risk Utility function in Asia and support the Operations Risk Group (ORG).
Technology and Operations Risk is a global risk team to ensure that adequate controls are in place to mitigate Operational Risk across Operations and to protect the firm from such risks. Operational Risk refers to the risk of financial or other loss, or potential damage to a firm’s reputation, resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events impacting the full scope of its business activities, including revenue-generating activities and infrastructure groups.
With the increasing demand over regulatory risk and internal controls, a challenging opportunity has come up to support, monitor and manage the Operational Risk programs for Asia Operations. We are looking to attract a senior recruit to the Asia Operational Risk Coverage team, with coverage responsibilities for Operational Risk reporting, client money and assets reporting, regulatory inspection coordination, incident monitoring and management, risk issues and actions monitoring as well as driving risk initiatives relating to Operational Risk and Regulatory Controls.
- Responsible for the Operations Risk Reporting for Asia Operations including Japan
- Provide support and manage risk incidents, KRIs and open issues/ actions, etc.
- Risk Monitoring and Oversight includes:
- Asia Operational Risk Incident Monitoring and Monthly Reporting
- Asia/ UK Senior Managers Regime Operational Risk Incident Monitoring and Monthly Reporting
- Client Money and Assets Quarterly Reporting
- Support the Regional Leads to manage and liaise with regional stakeholders to ensure smooth rollout and implementation. Examples of Risk Agendas:
- Regulatory Remediations
- Risk and Control Self-Assessments
- Regulatory Inspection and Audits
- Material Operational Risk Event Deep Dives
- Operational Control Framework Implementations