The position of Technology Manager will report to the Regional Head of Technology in APAC, and be responsible for the Regional execution of Infrastructure and Application change initiatives. The position will partner and liaise between enterprise technology functions and our regional business partners in order to align business and technology strategy.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Wholesale, Wealth, and Innovation Technology supports all lines of business across Wells Fargo in the International Markets. With team members located in 6 different countries in APAC, Hong Kong serves as the main hub in region to provide strategic technology services, end-to-end BAU support, technology risk management, and governance oversight of information security controls.
- Strengthen the development and execution of technology strategies for various Wells Fargo Asia branches and business units
- Deliver strategic technology platforms to upgrade our core systems in Asia
- Drive effective change through enhancements of existing systems, as well as deploying applications and infrastructure technologies that support the Wholesale Lines of Business
- Ensure all technology teams are aligned to deliver against plans
- Ensure the execution of all project streams and adherence to regulatory requirement
- Partner with both business and technology teams both locally, in region and globally driving forward deliverables within tight timelines
- Collaborate closely with all lines of business, product and functional groups to design, build and implement a full program structures, ensuring all technology delivery solutions and on-going support services are delivered in alignment with Wells Fargo Enterprise Technology Standards and compliant with Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Security, Regulatory and Compliance Policies
- Oversight of local technology resources aligned to various Infrastructure and Application services functions
Market Skills and Certifications
- 15+ years of experience managing technology in the Financial Services Industry
- Minimum 10 years of experience with international banking platforms (e.g. Core Banking, Payments/Treasury, FX, Trade, Lending)
- Specific business knowledge of customer facing international platforms, including digital services, mobile services and customer facing lending services
- Strategic and technical experience driving core platform initiatives, end to end solution development and implementation experience in a financial services environment.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory mandates in the Asia Pacific region, experience of interacting with audit and regulators
- Service level and Operational management (platform/production support) experience would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects across the international portfolio, demonstrable experience managing program budgets
- Extensive experience working in a large matrix managed, multinational environment with a high degree of relationship management competency
- Demonstrable people management experience, both on-shore and off-shore
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.