Technology - Vice President, Java Developer - Funding & Counterparty Risk Tech
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
These are challenging and exciting times to build risk management systems used in a large institutional bank. Risk management not only involves solving computationally complex problems but also demands mission critical, scalable, and robust systems that can handle large trading volumes and data updates and perform these complex calculations without buckling. Morgan Stanley's Counterparty Risk and Margin Technology group is seeking developers who are looking for an exciting role in building such systems.
- Bachelor degree in one of the STEM fields
- Minimum of 8 years enterprise Java development experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-versed in data structures, caching, common algorithms, design patterns, and high-performant n-tier application design
- ANSI SQL knowledge is required
- Sybase/DB2 knowledge is highly desirable
- Investment banking background is not essential but good mathematical and analytical skills are required so that a successful candidate can pick up the necessary domain knowledge to partner effectively with our users.
Above all, candidates must demonstrate the ability and initiative to navigate and add value to any layer of the technology stack and show ownership and drive to take projects to completion.