Technology - Head of Asia Enterprise Technology Risk, VP/ED, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 42 countries.
Overview of Role
The Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) organization is responsible for all technology infrastructure for Morgan Stanley including distributed servers & storage, mainframe, data centres, networks, end user products, as well as production management, QA and security.
ETR is looking for a senior leader to head its Risk function in Asia, with responsibility for:
- l eading and strategy setting for the Asia risk team;
- liaising with senior stakeholders in technology management;
- partnering with Internal Audit, Operational Risk, and Firm Management;
- driving control self-assessment programs and governance programs;
- driving risk compliance to meet local regulations and established IT control policies, processes and procedures in the world?s most complex region;
- providing consultative support to the wider department by giving advice on best practices.
This role requires someone who is analytical and can quickly move between highly technical problem solving and senior management engagement and communications. The role also requires close collaboration with the global ETR Risk organisation on strategic programs and issues.
Reporting jointly into the Chief Risk Officer for ETR, the Asia Head of Infrastructure and the Asia Head of Technology & Information Risk, this role requires solid experience in technology risk management in a highly regulated environment, along with senior stakeholder management skills, an understanding of the regulatory landscape, as well as team management, presentational and influencing capability.
The role would sit as a member of the global ETR Risk management team, as well as a member of the Asia Infrastructure Management Committee.
There is responsibility for 8 staff across HK, Tokyo and Shanghai.
- Degree qualification in relevant discipline. Certifications in the IT Risk area such as CISA, CISSP / CISSM (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years experience in technology risk management in the financial services or other regulated industry.
- Proven leadership skills with excellent track record in delivering high performance
- Familiarity with the Technology risk management framework and control self-assessment process
-Experience of risk reporting / dashboard generation / KRIs
-Experience of regulatory engagements and internal audits
- Understanding Knowledge of Asia's regional regulatory environments and requirement
-Excellent communication / interpersonal skills in English with ability to be able to interact at all levels & be effective as part of a broader team.