See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for a seasoned Deskside Support Team Lead, Associate to join the Advisory Support Team. The team’s primary focus is to manage the availability and stability of the technology environment whilst providing best in class service and support to VIP stakeholders across all Morgan Stanley businesses including Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets, Private Wealth Management, Research, Investment Management, Firm Management and Corporate Communications. The Team Lead will work in partnership with the Service Manager, and be responsible for the technical training and procedural guidance of the Advisory Support team consultants; identifying development opportunities within the team to support the strengthening and enhancement of each individual’s technical skill set.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Project Coordination, where you will support the delivery of projects and initiatives both regionally and globally; track and communicate project milestones; communicate product deployment to target user
- Incident and Outage Reporting in escalation and communication of IT incidents or outstanding problems
- Report Preparation: Extract and consolidate metric’s for Service Manager reporting and auditing of team performance; highlight recurring issue trends
- Identifying opportunities for automation of repetitive tasks and team working efficiency enhancements
- Safeguard the IT environment platform stability
- Providing technical and procedural guidance or instruction to consultants
- Creating and maintain support documentation
- Partnering with the Service Manager to develop and enhance the technical service level provided by the team
- Being flexible with working hours including after-hours, weekends or on-call Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology related degree.
- More than 4 years of IT support specialist experience working within the Financial Services industry
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Proven experience in project coordination and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrable experience providing individuals with technical development and stimulating individual thought.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills matched with a solid Information and IT Security mindset
- Keen sense of ownership taking, to follow issues through to conclusion
- Holds a customer service mindset to generate customer value, loyalty and trust
- Ability to work whilst under pressure, dealing with users effectively and calmly in crisis situations
- Proven to work independently without supervision as well as in a team environment
- Track record working with technology partners
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Application support and fault diagnosis as well as associated computer hardware and peripherals
- Experience supporting Financial Institution applications
- Multilingual skills and international experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).