Technology - Database Administrator Lead, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Enterprise Infrastructure division is looking for an experienced Vice President to join as Lead Database Administrator (DBA) for Sybase or UDB DB2 Server. The individual will be Vice President for a global distributed DBA team in Hong Kong that provides 24x7 firm wide support for distributed databases, and work in a position that will allow her/him to fully experience all aspects of database administration including performance and tuning, regular maintenance and the creation of specialized jobs, depending on what needs may arise.
The individual will also be providing escalation support to the Asia team.
- Strong database administration knowledge in either Sybase or UDB DB2 servers. Candidates with strong experience in Oracle will also be considered.
- Intermediate to advanced perl/Shell coding development e
- Familiarity with Unix or Linux -sense of urgency
- Management experience in a database administration group
- Able to work with command line tools as well as GUI tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skill both oral and written