Technology - Asia Communications Lead, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Technology
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The position is responsible for driving the Asia Technology strategy, programs and initiatives that builds closer connection across the organization and enhances employee engagement. This is a senior VP position, reporting to the Technology Asia COO.
- Establish an internal and external communications strategy in conjunction with regional management, the global and regional Comms team to support organizational mission and goals.
- Support CIO in departmental communications - crafting messages or scripts for presentation to employees in written or verbal form. -Create high quality, compelling communications, for a variety of channels (email, presentations, live events, videos, intranet sites, newsletters, and external social media).
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and employees at all levels
- Develop consensus across cross-functional teams to drive strategy
- Influence decision making with senior-level audiences to achieve business objectives
- Maintain pulse on employee sentiments through informal networks based on trust and openness
- Deliver the organizational strategy, in a timely and effective manner. Oversee the planning and implementation of initiatives from beginning to end. This includes on-sites, mentoring program, recognition, mobility, culture cascades, etc.
- Assess scope and requirements, in terms of budget, resourcing and timing of initiative
- Develop and translate ideas into tangible outcomes
- Foster buy-in amongst different groups
- Lead the Comms team to execute and deliver
- Track effectiveness of communication campaigns and manage feedback channels, using associated information to make recommendations for future improvements
- Explore and drive the use of a variety of platforms to enable staff to connect and share information both internally and externally
- Maintain consistent messaging and branding across all mediums to align with Firm style
- Source and write relevant content for: Global Technology Newsletter, MS Today and external social media
- Identify appropriate channels and format for delivering messages from senior management, visitors and divisions
- Provide communications support and guidance on best practices for initiatives owned by other groups such as diversity, philanthropy, career development, training, recruitment etc.
Manage the Asia communications team
- Direct daily operation of the team: budgeting, oversight on processes and approvals
- Enable team to work effectively virtually, providing coverage and support across the region
- Develop skills and growth of individuals
- Excellent native-level spoken and written English; Cantonese / Mandarin a plus
- At least 8-10 years of corporate or internal communications experience in a multinational firm
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, with proven experience supporting senior management
- Solid organizational, time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and achieve objectives in a high-pace, time-constrained and fluid environment
- Highly creative, self-starter, resourceful with a can-do attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook