Technical Operations Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Imagine Software
- 19 Oct 18
Imagine Software, a leading provider of online trading and risk management solutions for the financial services industry is seeking experienced professional to join as technical operations engineer.
Due to continued growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Technical Operations Engineer to join an established and successful financial services business.
A desirable position within a busy and highly capable IT Operations team awaits the right candidate. Working with a mix of industry standard and cutting-edge technologies to deliver high levels of service availability, you will learn financial systems and the technology behind a successful, cloud based, financial trading and risk management system.
ASP Technical Operations is a global team of technology and finance professionals who collaborate to deliver the highest quality service, data and systems integration possible to Imagine’s user base of institutional investors.
Imagine Software is a place where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded.
The successful candidate must possess a mix of strong technical and communication skills. On the technical side, deep knowledge of scripting in a Linux environment and RDMS is critical. In addition to providing technical support of the Imagine Trading System, this role requires you to be actively involved with developing new code to constantly improve our working environment to satisfy growing client needs.
The candidate will coordinate with DBA, System Administrators, Development, and Support teams to further the goals of high quality and reliability of the Imagine ASP and RRC systems. Most importantly, the candidate will have a commitment to exceptional team work and customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Member of a global team responsible for running a 24/7, mission-critical financial trading and risk management system.
- Monitoring/troubleshooting large suite of automated processing
- Second-tier user support, assisting Trade Support desk and other internal teams.
- Coordinate with DBA, Unix Systems Administrators and development teams where applicable to further the goals of high quality and reliability of the Imagine ASP and RRC systems.
- Design and development of software and processes to enhance the breadth, quality, performance and reliability of services offered to clients.
Experience / Skills
- Passionate about delivering quality service and building robust, scalable systems and processes.
- Detail-oriented and tenacious to dig into problems until root-causes are surfaced and fully understood.
- Expert on a Linux command line and in a SQL client.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with mission-critical production software systems.
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task while maintaining exceptional quality.
- Familiar with fundamentals of financial industry and markets – especially derivatives, is a plus.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Finance or a quantitative field preferred.
About Imagine Software
Imagine is the leading provider of real-time portfolio, risk management and regulatory solutions for financial services firms worldwide. Our integrated software, data and solutions help businesses navigate market risk, improve portfolio performance, deliver transparency, and scale for growth. Imagine’s innovative technology and financial platform continues to deliver products and solutions that address the complex needs of our clients in fast moving and evolving markets.
A career path at Imagine Software represents one of the most comprehensive opportunities to be on the front lines of the complexities and nuances of the global financial markets. Employees work and collaborate with some of the world's most elite financial institutions and utilize leading-edge technologies to solve complex business challenges. Employees assist in enabling clients of Imagine Software’s award-winning system to achieve key benefits for their organizations--maximizing returns and managing risk, achieving transparency, and gaining operational efficiencies.
Visit imaginesoftware.com to learn more.