Technical Consultant / Junior Technical Consultant
About the Role
SWIFT provides a range of on-site business and technical/supporting infrastructure consultancy services across SWIFT's customer base. The Associate Financial Services Industry Consultant operates in a low to medium complex business and technical environment in a selected market supported by SWIFT In line with the Commercial strategy/Operating/Regional plans and under close supervision of more senior colleagues, the (Associate) Financial Services Industry Consultant is responsible to support and deliver technical or business consulting services. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Deliver support service packages for the customer community according to package specifications and gather feedback from customers for service improvement purposes.
- Perform project management role for selected projects.
- Lead consulting projects and deliver SWIFT applications implementation service and training at customer site.
- Implement solutions and provide product-related consulting at customer/vendor/partner onsite or remotely.
- Deliver technical trainings on SWIFT solution/products to customer/vendor/partner onsite or remotely.
- Resolve and report on customer/vendor queries and problems of medium to large complexity. Troubleshoot and quickly diagnose less complex problems in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)/ key performance indicators and propose measures to prevent recurrence.
- Provide support on all technical problems within own area of expertise, through the provision of telephone or online support. Work with the customer/vendor/partners to establish the root cause of problems and provide end-to-end service support, retaining ownership of a case, by resolving it individually or escalating it - in accordance with the SLA.
- Participate in product specification reviews, perform acceptance testing to ensure supportability, usability, and delivery without undetected bugs.
- Design staff training packages, update knowledge management databases and document problem management procedures for both existing and new products/service.
- Provide technical support to the commercial divisions by participating in technical reviews and giving product presentations and demos.
- Participate in service improvement projects within own area by executing parts of projects.
- Provide pre-sales and proposal scoping review support for customer opportunities from a services perspective
- University degree in Computer Science or IT related fields, or equivalent experience
- 5-10years' experience in an implementation and/or consulting services capacity. Candidates with less experience or fresh graduates are welcomed as Junior Consultant
- Fluent in English and Cantonese/Mandarin
- Excellent communication, coordination, analytical and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of AIX, Linux, Windows Server.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking technologies including routers, VPN, firewalls, https, etc.
- Knowledge in various Operating Systems, Networking technologies, understanding of Java technology and modern integration techniques and technologies
- Team spirit as well as the ability to work independently in a multicultural environment.
- Willingness to travel around 30% (After travel bans are uplifted)
- Ability to work under pressure at customer locations, including over weekends and after business hours on a need-to basis
- Knowledge in SWIFT products, services and solutions would be advantageous.
- Experience in market infrastructure (i.e. central bank, stock exchange, clearing house, central securities depository, etc.) systems or operations would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI, RESTful API, Java, XML, Ant, Bash, JIRA is an asset.
- Knowledge of database and security technologies is an asset.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Jonathan Ricetti , Team Lead - Technical and Advisory Services
Polly Ip - Recruiter What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.